Boar’s Head Brand® Helps First Time Holiday Hosts Curate Delicious Multi-Course Meals
Boar’s Head Brand®, one of
the nation’s leading providers of premium delicatessen products, helps put
first time holiday hosts at ease with carefully crafted recipes and entertaining
suggestions. Whether newlywed, celebrating the holidays in a new home, or
inviting new guests to join an annual celebration – the introduction of “new”
into the equation can make the holidays feel overwhelming. From pairing meats and
cheeses with flavorful wine, to finding the perfect turkey, to helping feed a guest’s
sweet tooth, Boar’s Head Brand offers advice for a delightful and delicious
Make an Appetizing Entrance
Pre-party prep and easy-to-make appetizers are an essential pair. A hot idea from the menus of Italian restaurants and wine bars is to create an old-world inspired charcuterie and cheese board composed of artisan meats and cheeses. A few tips:
- Delight and Prime Guests’ Palates: Use one to two ounces of cheese and three slices of meat per person. This will give your guests a mix of salty and savory items to delight their palate but not overwhelm them before the main course.
- Arm Independent Snackers: Don’t fully pre-cut your cheese choices. Slice a few pieces and then pair a knife with each selection to maintain freshness.
- Choose the Cheese: The cheese selection should also be diverse and include a selection of semi-soft, firm and hard cheese. Try Boar’s Head Picante Sharp Provolone Cheese, Aged Gouda and Asiago Vecchio Cheese.
- Match your Meat: You’ll want to display a variety of charcuterie including cured, smoked and preserved meats. Boar’s Head Bianco D’Oro® Italian Dry Salame, Italian Dry Sausage, and Prosciutto di Parma® are robust and delicious.
- Add the Finishing Touches: Recreate the artisan culinary experience by placing meats and cheeses on a wood platter or cutting board. Accessorize with fruits, nuts, olives, grapes or honey for dipping. Offer whole grain crackers, crusted bread, breadsticks or crostini for a textural contrast.
to Many More Holiday Celebrations
Hosts have no need to fret about what drinks to serve guests. Look to the charcuterie and cheese board as a source of inspiration. Pair a great wine (or beer!) with your choice of meat and cheese. Use the pairings chart below as a guide.
Meat & Cheese Pairing Guide
Beverages Boar’s Head Meats Boar’s Head Cheeses
Rioja Chorizo Manchego Cheese Brunello Hot Italian Dry Sausage Picante Sharp Provolone Cheese Dark Beer Hot Sopressata Aged Gouda Cabernet Sauvignon Bianco D'Oro® Italian Dry Salame Blue Cheese Chardonnay Pepperoni Edam Cheese Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio Prosciutto di Parma® Parmigiano Reggiano Wedge
Main Event: Savory Course in Under an Hour
This year, dress your table with our Sweet Slice® Boneless Smoked Ham, a main course that's on every holiday 'dish' list. This fully-cooked boneless ham makes preparation effortless: just pair with Boar’s Head savory-sweet Brown Sugar & Spice Glaze and you've got a delectable combination that is sure to become a family tradition.
Sweet Grand Finale
The end of the meal is just as important as the start – so wrap the evening on a sweet note. Prepping in advance can make party day easier. Bread Pudding with Figs, Gouda Cheese and Caramel Sauce can be made as early as the evening before. This timeless dessert offers a cheesy twist and will leave palates nostalgic for holidays past. Think about guests’ dietary restrictions when meal planning. Whip up some Gluten Free Blackberry Brie Tartlets, a creative combination of flavors to enjoy for a bite size dessert option.
Boar’s Head is available at select supermarkets, gourmet stores and fine delicatessens nationwide. For more information about Boar’s Head Brand, and holiday entertaining tips and recipes, please visit www.boarshead.com and like us on Facebook, www.facebook.com/boarshead.
About Boar’s Head
Founded in 1905, Boar's Head has upheld a commitment to unwavering standards for quality for over a century, refusing to take shortcuts that compromise the integrity of its products for the sake of convenience or economy. What started with just a few products has grown to over 500, ranging from premium delicatessen meats, cheeses and condiments to an array of Italian and Old World Delicacies and foodservice items. All Boar's Head meats, cheeses and condiments contain no fillers, by-products, artificial colors or flavors, gluten or trans fat. For more information, visit www.boarshead.com or www.facebook.com/boarshead.
Boar’s Head Brand®
Tel: (941) 955-0994
FleishmanHillard on behalf of Boar’s Head
Tel: (212) 453-2384