Boar’s Head Brand® Reminds Families that Sandwiches are No Place for Surprises
While the new school year is often filled with the unexpected, from adjusting to changing schedules and workloads, to making new friends and trying different activities, Boar’s Head Brand® believes what goes into a sandwich should not be a surprise. With an unwavering commitment to quality, Boar’s Head, one of the nation’s leading providers of premium delicatessen products, takes the second-guessing out of what’s really going into lunchboxes by offering quality products parents can trust.
Trust plays a significant role in the food choices made by parents, especially when it comes to children’s lunches. A recent survey conducted by Boar’s Head Brand and the Serious Eats website found the top reason parents pack their kids’ lunches is to ensure they have a healthy lunch (62 percent). Boar’s Head has a long standing commitment to offering only the freshest, best-tasting meats and cheeses, making trust at lunch making time one problem they do not have to solve.
To help eliminate surprises and provide a school lunch that parents feel good about and kids love, Boar’s Head Brand shares delicious ideas to make lunchboxes the envy of the lunchroom:
- Think Outside of the Slice: Swap sandwich bread for a stack of crackers. Kids will be excited to find all the ingredients needed to build Maple Honey Turkey Breast and Apple Cracker Stacks during lunch.
- Thanksgiving in September: Boar’s Head Ovengold Turkey lets families experience the taste of a Thanksgiving turkey year-round. Certified heart-healthy, preservative-free, low in fat and rich in protein, it is great for lunchtime at school or at the office.
- Create a Scene: Use cookie cutters to create sandwich shapes that spark the imagination. Bring back T-Rex with a dinosaur shape or dive into the ocean with a fish cookie cutter.
- Sweeten up that Sandwich: Boar’s Head Maple Glazed Honey Coat Turkey, a tender, extra lean turkey breast great for children who crave something sweet, gets its flavor from 100 percent pure maple syrup and golden honey. A sweet tasting, certified heart-healthy choice, parents can feel good about giving kids.
- Leave a Love Note: Add a special midday note with encouragement for an upcoming quiz or presentation. A few words go a long way.
Parents Head Back To School Too: Quiz and Chance to Win Boar’s Head Prizes
Boar’s Head is testing parents’ healthy lunch making skills with the Boar’s Head “No Surprises” Facebook quiz. Participants will be entered for a chance to win prizes including Boar’s Head for a year. The quiz will be online at facebook.com/boarshead from September 3rd to September 30th, 2013.
Boar’s Head is available at select supermarkets, gourmet stores and fine delicatessens nationwide. For more information about Boar’s Head and back-to-school recipes, please visit www.boarshead.com/trust, like us on Facebook, www.facebook.com/boarshead.
About Boar’s Head
Founded in 1905, Boar's Head has upheld a commitment to unwavering standards for quality for over a century, refusing to take shortcuts that compromise the integrity of its products for the sake of convenience or economy. What started with just a few products has grown to over 500, ranging from premium delicatessen meats, cheeses and condiments to an array of Italian and Old World Delicacies and foodservice items. All Boar's Head meats, cheeses and condiments contain no fillers, by-products, artificial colors or flavors, gluten or trans fat. For more information, visit www.boarshead.com or www.facebook.com/boarshead.
About Serious Eats
Serious Eats is dedicated to the celebration of food—of all kinds. From fast food to fine dining, from restaurant kitchens to yours, and from coast to coast (and around the world). From each of our writers and through our online community, we aim to be passionate, discerning, and inclusive in our appreciation of everything edible. Serious Eats is an award winning food destination devoted to bringing our national community of food lovers the most delicious content on the web. The Serious Eats community has become an established and passionate community of food and spirit enthusiasts who trust our contributors to highlight the best in dining in and eating out.
Online survey conducted by Serious Eats and Boar’s Head Brand with 2,218 respondents between April 19, 2013 and April 26, 2013 consisting of 839 males, 1,137 females, and 242 respondents who did not report their gender.
Boar’s Head Brand®
Tel: (941) 955-0994
FleishmanHillard on behalf of Boar's Head
Tel: (212) 453-2384