- Whisk the melted butter, milk, heavy cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon together into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the figs and Gouda cheese and stir with a wooden spoon. Add the bread and stir until combined.
- Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour the bread mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly.
- Place the baking dish directly into the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the bread pudding from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium high heat.
- Carefully bring the butter and sugar to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the vanilla and milk.
- Serve immediately with the bread pudding.