Cajun Turkey Red Beans & Rice
- In a heavy bottom pot, sauté onions, celery, garlic and peppers in oil.
- Add rice to the pot and stir to mix rice with vegetables.
- Add dry herbs and pour water over the rice.
- Bring rice to a boil and turn down heat until water is at a rolling simmer.
- When the water level evaporates to the top of the rice, lower the heat to very low.
- Add red beans and the diced Cajun Turkey.
- Cover and turn off heat.
- Let rice finish cooking for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and add butter.
- Gently fold the bean and turkey into the rice (avoid mashing the beans)
- Portion and serve