- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Divide the asparagus spears into 12 bundles.
- Carefully wrap 1 piece of prosciutto around each bundle, starting about 1/2 inch from the bottom of the asparagus tips. Secure the prosciutto-wrapped spears with a toothpick.
- Lay the bundles in a low-sided casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, soy sauce, garlic salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Pour the hot, sugar mixture over the asparagus bundles.
- Transfer the dish to the oven and roast until the spears have begun to wilt and the prosciutto looks fully cooked, about 6-7 minutes. Remove the toothpicks before serving.