Pickle & Bacon Galettes
Bite into the baked, savory goodness of a rustic pastry that's robust with flavor. Filled with a creamy Whole Milk Mozzarella sauce and topped with the perfect balance of Kosher Dill Pickles and Naturally Smoked Bacon, every bite brings a crisp, zesty taste.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Using a small bowl or a 4" round cookie cutter, cut 4 circles out of the pie crust sheets. Roll out lightly until the circles are about 6 inches in diameter, then place each on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat and sauté garlic until fragrant. Whisk in flour until a paste is formed, then slowly whisk in milk until smooth. Reduce heat and stir until the sauce has a thick consistency, then mix half a cup of mozzarella until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Spread a light layer of sauce in the middle of each pie shell, leaving a 1-inch border for the galette crust. Top the sauce with the remaining cheese and a layer of pickle slices.
- Score the pie crust borders and brush with the beaten egg wash. Fold each section over a half-inch to form your crust. Brush tops of crust with remaining egg wash.
- Transfer galettes to the oven and bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and the crust is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon according to package directions. Once cool enough to handle, crumble the bacon pieces. Set aside.
- Once the galettes have been removed from the oven, sprinkle with bacon crumbles and garnish with fresh dill.