- Cream the butter and sugar in mixer 2-3 minutes until soft and fluffy.
- Mix in flour and salt just until combined. Take care to not overwork.
- Transfer to plastic wrap in a disc and chill for at least 1 hour. This is very important to relax the dough and chill the butter completely.
- If chilled for longer period, or dough is too hard to roll out, let rest at room temperature for 15-20 minutes until pliable enough to roll.
- Roll out dough evenly to 1cm thickness.
- Slice cookies into equal rectangles. Transfer carefully to parchment lined baking sheet.
- Return cookies to the refrigerator to chill for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Remove to cool completely on the pan before transferring to rack.