A classic BBQ side becomes the staple in this cornbread sandwich stacked with cheddar, PitCraft Turkey, the sweet hint of sauteed onions and a kick of Chipotle Gourmaise.
- In a loaf pan, bake the cornbread according to package directions. Remove from pan and rest on a cooling rack.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, sauté the red onions in olive oil until slightly softened, you'll still want them to have a slight crunch. Set aside.
- Slice the cornbread into 8 equal slices, pairing the slices to create 4 sandwiches.
- Top the bottom halves evenly with cheese, then the turkey, pickled jalapeños, and sauteed onions.
- Coat the cut side of the top halves with Chipotle Gourmaise, then place on top of the sandwiches.
- Melt 1 tbsp. of butter in the skillet over medium heat. Grill one sandwich until the bottom side is golden brown, about 3-4 minutes, then flip and repeat on the other side until the cheese has melted and the cornbread is golden brown, another 3-4 minutes. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Serve warm.