Risotto with Sweet Slice Uncured Ham & Mushrooms
The savory taste of Sweet Slice Uncured Ham. The tenderness of sauteed mushrooms. The rich flavor of Parmesan Cheese. This effortless risotto has all the makings of a holiday favorite.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, then add the shallots and cook until just soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the Arborio rice and fennel (if using), 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste and cook, stirring, until the rice is lightly toasted, about 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, rosemary and wine and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are soft and the wine is absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer; cover, reduce the heat to medium low and cook stirring occasionally until the rice is tender and almost all of the liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes
- Stir in the ham, parmesan and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!