French Onion Grilled Cheese
You don't have to travel far to enjoy this French delicacy. Our Caramelized Onion Jack Cheese is melted onto toasted sourdough bread and topped with caramelized onions for a handheld take on a French onion soup classic.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, then add the onions.
- Sauté, stirring occasionally, until the onions start to brown and caramelize. Stir in beef broth, starting with 1 tablespoon, and cook for an additional 5 minutes to deglaze the pan and bring additional flavor to the onions. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of a slice of bread and place mayo-side down on the same skillet. Layer two slices of cheese followed by a spoonful of caramelized onions.
- Spread mayonnaise on the second slice of bread, and place on top of the sandwich, mayo-side up.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until the cheese has melted and the bread is crisp and golden. Repeat on the other side.
- Repeat Steps 3-5 to craft the second sandwich.
- Slice and serve.