Double Dark Chocolate Hummus Sandwich Cookies
Sandwich our rich, indulgent Dark Chocolate Dessert Hummus between fresh-baked chocolate cookies for a dark chocolate delight that's double the fun for dunking!
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Mix in eggs one at a time, then add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the dark cocoa, flour, baking soda and salt together. Slowly add the dry mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate dough for at least one hour.
- Scooping one tablespoon of dough, roll it into a ball and place into a bowl of granulated sugar, roll around to coat.
- Place the rolled dough on the baking sheet and press gently to flatten. Continue with the rest of the dough, spacing each cookie about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, then allow to cool completely on a rack.
- Once cooled, spread 1 tablespoon of Dark Chocolate Dessert Hummus over the bottom of a cookie. Place a second cookie on top, bottom side down.
- Repeat with remaining hummus and cookies until you have 24 cookie sandwiches.