Dark Chocolate Dessert Hummus & Caramel Brownies
You'll savor every morsel of this sweet treat (with less of the guilt). Our rich Dark Chocolate Desssert Hummus, baked into brownies, meets drizzled caramel and ice cream for a melty, mouthwatering masterpiece.
- Preheat oven to 350° F and spray a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, and cocoa powder and sift to mix.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, oil and sugar. Add in the eggs, vanilla and hummus and whisk until fully combined.
- Gradually pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the skillet and bake for 18-20 minutes, until dry on top and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- About five minutes before the brownies are done, make the caramel sauce. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the caramel cubes and water and stir until the caramel melts. When smooth, reduce to low heat, add the heavy cream and stir to combine. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and carefully pour the caramel sauce into a sauciére or a jar.
- Serve the skillet brownie warm with a drizzle of caramel sauce and a scoop of your favorite ice cream on top!