Sweet Slice Uncured Ham Monte Cristo
The festive, traditional flavor of our Sweet Slice Uncured Ham. The lush combination of Blanc Grue Gruyere and French Brie cheese. All crafted between two slices of cinnamon raisin French toast. This holiday Monte Cristo will cover your sweet and savory cravings in one indulgent bite.
- Whisk the egg and half & half together, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place one slice of cinnamon raisin bread on a flat work surface.
- Evenly spread Boar's Head Real Mayonnaise across the bread.
- Layer half of the Blanc Grue Gruyere Cheese and half of the French Brie over the mayonnaise.
- Place the Sweet Slice Uncured Ham, evenly, over the cheese.
- Layer the remaining cheese over the ham.
- Close the sandwich with the remaining piece of bread.
- Dip the sandwich into your egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick sauté pan over medium heat.
- Place the sandwich in the skillet and cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Flip the sandwich and continue cooking until the cheese is melted and both sides are golden brown.
- Remove from heat and serve with a dusting of powdered sugar and a dollop of raspberry preserves.