Perfect for entertaining, this light and flavorful appetizer is ready in under 15 minutes, giving you more time to enjoy with your guests (and something delectable to talk about).
- Preheat the oven on broiler setting and place the fresh mozzarella in the freezer so it is easier to shred when needed.
- In large bowl, combine the roma (plum) tomatoes, red onion, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut the baguette into 3/4-inch slices. On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer.
- Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly brown.
- Remove the baguette slices from the baking sheet and place on a tray. Lay one slice of chicken on each baguette slice
- Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices.
- Remove the cheese from the freezer and shred.
- Top baguette slices with shredded cheese.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.