Omelet Grilled Cheese
Grilled cheese for breakfast? You're not dreaming. This tantalizing breakfast sandwich combines two favorites—a hearty, cheesy omelet and a crispy, buttery grilled cheese—for a dish that is as delicious as it is unique. Filled with melty Colby Jack and Sharp Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese, it's a creatively craveworthy way to start your day.
- Mix beaten eggs, shredded cheese, bacon, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until well-combined.
- Cut and remove the center of 2 of the slices of bread, so that only the crust remains.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a large pan. Then add bread slices to the pan, filling each with the egg mixture.
- Let cook for about 3 minutes, then flip each slice. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Place the slices of Colby Jack Cheese on top of 1 slice of bread.
- Top each with a whole slice of bread, then cover the pan. Allow cheese to melt.
- Remove the omelet from the pan and serve.