Asian-Inspired Steamed Buns
Delectable soft steamed buns filled with pickled vegetables, caramelized pineapple and Boar’s Head Bold Ichiban Teriyaki Style Chicken Breast.
- Steam the Boar’s Head Bold Ichiban Teriyaki Style Chicken Breast and the steamed buns to reheat them.
- Sear the pineapple in a dry skillet until slightly caramelized.
- Toss sliced shallots in all-purpose flour and fry in oil until crispy. Remove and reserve.
- With a knife, partially open one steam bun and brown it slightly in a skillet with oil. Remove the bun and spread on 1 tsp of the teriyaki hoisin sauce and ½ tsp of Sriracha.
- Delicately lay the pineapple and chicken slices in the bun. Fill the rest of the bun with the pickled vegetables and garnish with shallots, scallions and toasted sesame seeds.