Pumpkin Pie Hummus Toaster Pastries
The cozy fall flavors you've always loved in a childhood treat you've always craved. With Pumpkin Pie Dessert Hummus baked into homemade toaster pastries, consider your sweet breakfast dreams fulfilled.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out pie crust on a floured work surface until it's a 9x12-inch rectangle, about ⅛-inch thick. Cut the dough in half, then into quarters, until you have 8 rectangles. Repeat with the other pie crust.
- Divide pumpkin pie hummus evenly among 8 of the rectangles, placing it in the center of each and spreading enough to leave a crust. Top each piece with one of the remaining rectangles. Crimp the edges with a fork and seal, then use the fork to gently poke holes in the tops of each pastry.
- Brush the pastries with the beaten egg wash, then bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden. Let cool for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk powdered sugar, cinnamon, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Spoon onto cooled pop tarts and decorate with sprinkles.