SmokeMaster Black Forest Ham Kale Salad
This salad celebrates the joy of the sweet and salty contrast of the dates and our SmokeMaster Beechwood Smoked Black Forest Ham, as well as the healthy and textural use of chickpeas and kale. This is a great salad for someone who doesn't think he or she likes kale!
- Thoroughly wash kale, spin dry and strip stem from leaves. Chop into bite-size pieces.
- Dice ham into small pieces, reserve.
- Strain liquid from the can of chickpeas.
- Remove pit from dates, and cut the dates into rings.
- In a mixing bowl, add red wine vinegar, mustard, garlic, honey, cilantro and lemon juice. Slowly incorporate olive oil until it emulsifies with the rest of the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss kale, ham, chickpeas and dates with dressing. Place in clean bowl and shave Boar's Head Chipotle Gouda cheese on top. Garnish with oranges and pomegranate seeds.