Savory Provolone & Salami Pastry
A savory spin on a classic breakfast treat, this pastry is filled with melty Picante Provolone and robust Genoa Salami for a satisfying delight any time of day.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice both puff pastry sheets into 6 even parts to create 12 small rectangles.
- Place 1 folded slice of Genoa salami on 6 of the puff pastry rectangles, leaving a ¼-inch of an edge for sealing. Fold a slice of provolone cheese in half, then place it on top of the salami, then top with a second folded slice of salami. Repeat on the remaining pastries.
- Wet the edges of the puff pastry with a small brush of water, then place the remaining puff pastry sheets on top. Gently crimp and seal them with a fork.
- Brush the tops with the egg wash, then make 3-4 slits on the top of each pastry.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
- Serve with mustard for dipping.