Porketta & Chard Bruschetta
Pile our succulent Porketta high on crisp garlicky bread, and top it off with warm sautéed greens and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for a gourmet appetizer that comes together effortlessly.
- Add 1 Tbsp. salt to a large pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Cut the stems off of the chard at the base of the leaves. (If the stems are tough, remove them)
- Thoroughly wash the chard leaves.
- Boil the chard for exactly 3 minutes.
- Drain immediately (do not squeeze out the liquid).
- Heat 3 Tbsp. olive oil in a 12 inch sauté pan.
- Add the sliced garlic and cook over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the chard and sauté for 3 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- Meanwhile, toast 8 slices of bread until nicely browned.
- Rub the tops of the toasted bread with the halved garlic.
- Top each slice of bread with porketta.
- Distribute the chard among the toast slices using tongs.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest, a squeeze of lemon juice, shaved parmesan, and fleur de sel.
- Drizzle the bruschetta with remaining olive oil.
- Serve warm.