- To assemble the Croque Madame, lay the 4 slices of Italian bread on a flat, clean surface. Spread 1 tbsp of soft butter on each slide of bread, followed by ½ tsp garlic powder.
- In the following order, place ingredients on the slices of bread: 1 slice of Boar’s Head Fontina Cheese, 1 oz spinach, 2 slices tomatoes, 2 slices of Bold Ichiban Teriyaki Style Chicken, 2 slices of Boar’s Head Virginia Ham, ¼ cup of the Mornay Sauce and 1 poached egg.
- Combine the mayonnaise with the Sriricha sauce, adding more or less Sriracha depending on preference. Top each sandwich with ¼ cup of the spicy mayonnaise mixture.
- Toast in a toaster oven or under a broiler until cheese and sauce is melted and brown.
- Prepare a roux in a small sauté pan over medium heat, by combining the flour and butter until a smooth paste is formed. Whisk roux with the warm milk, until combined.
- Add the grated Boar’s Head Havarti cheese and continue to whisk until there is no longer a flour taste.
- Season to taste with nutmeg, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and keep warm until ready to use.
Your email has been sent!