- In a large pot, heat the 6 cups of water and the seaweed to a simmer, turn off the heat and add the bonito flakes. Let the broth steep for about 15 minutes then strain, reserving the liquid and discarding the seaweed and bonito flakes.
- Add soy sauce, mirin and salt to the broth. Place broth in refrigerator and chill until ready to use.
- Cut each slice of Ichiban Teriyaki Style Chicken and Provolone Cheese into 2 ½ inch squares.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat, add the eggs, fry until set, like thin crepes. Remove from heat and cut into 2 ½ inch squares.
- Soak the rice papers in water until soften, about 5 seconds. Lay 5 rice papers on flat surface and assemble each in the following order: Ichiban Teriyaki Style Chicken, egg, Provolone Cheese, ¼ cup rice (spread out), teriyaki sauce, 1 tbsp. fennel pickle, another square of egg, Provolone Cheese and Ichiban Teriyaki Style Chicken.
- Pull the sides of the rice paper up around the ingredients and place another piece of rice paper on top. Fold under to create a hockey puck shaped bundle around all of the ingredients. Dust each bundle with rice flour and fry in 325 degree oil until crispy. Remove from oil and drain.
- To assemble the final dish, pour the chilled broth into a bowl. Place 1 tbsp of fresh mushroom and 1 tbsp of daikon into the broth. Add a fried Teriyaki Chicken Tempura roll to each bowl and garnish with scallions.
Your email has been sent!