SmokeMaster Black Forest Ham & Cheese Quiche
Make your next brunch unforgettable with this delectable and savory quiche. Made with Boar’s Head SmokeMaster Beechwood Smoked Black Forest Ham, Imported Switzerland Swiss Cheese and Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, it’s certain to leave a lasting impression on your guests.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prick the pie crust with a fork all over the bottom and the sides; then bake until the pie crust is golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Dice the ham into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the diced ham and onions, then sauté until the ham is heated through and the onions begin to caramelize, about 7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cheese, salt, and pepper. Once combined, gently stir in the ham and onions.
- Pour the entire mixture in the pre-baked pie crust and bake for 20 minutes at 350° F, or until a knife inserted in the middle of the quiche comes out clean.
- For a unique twist on this recipe, prepare as directed with the addition of 3 tablespoons of Boar’s Head Honey Mustard to the egg, milk, and cheese mixture.