Provolone and Zucchini Crostini
Enjoy the savory goodness of melted Picante Provolone cheese with our simple yet decadent Crostini.
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- In a large skillet, cook onion in olive oil over medium heat until soft.
- Add zucchini and garlic until zucchini is barely tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and thyme, cook for about two more minutes.
- Add wine, salt & pepper and simmer for about 4 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by at least half.
- Remove from skillet and allow to cool.
- On a baking sheet toast bread (brush with olive oil, if desired) until pale golden, about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Mound about two tablespoons of the zucchini mixture on each toast round and top with the half slice of provolone.
- Bake crostini in the middle of the oven until cheese is melted and golden.