Italian Chicken Sausage Stuffed Tomatoes
For a light dinner you can craft in under 30 minutes, try our Italian Chicken Sausage Stuffed Tomatoes - healthy, filling, and effortless.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring quinoa and chicken broth to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- While quinoa cooks, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté Chicken Sausage until browned.
- Add spinach and cook until the leaves wilt.
- Combine the sausage, spinach, quinoa, and pesto in a large bowl and set aside.
- Slice off the tops of the tomatoes and clean out the inside of the tomatoes.
- Fill each tomato with the quinoa-sausage filling.
- Place each on a deep baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Top with grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese.