EverRoast Chicken Pot Hand Pies
A savory, creamy comfort food in a fraction of the time. Dinner cut EverRoast Chicken and premade pie dough make these delicious hand pies truly effortless, without sacrificing on homestyle flavor.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Then add onion, carrots and celery to the skillet. Cook for about 7 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add flour to the skillet and stir continually, making sure all ingredients are coated—about 1 minute. Add chicken broth and stir until the mixture has thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cream, then stir. Remove the skillet from heat and cool.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Separate pie dough into 8 pieces and use a rolling pin to roll the pieces into 5-inch circles.
- Distribute the skillet mixture evenly among each dough circle. Add water to the edges of the dough circles and fold the dough in half over the filling. Pinch the edges of the dough together, then crimp with a fork.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then place each hand pie on the sheet. Mix the beaten egg with 1 tablespoon of water, then brush over the dough. Use a fork to score each hand pie.
- Bake the hand pies until thoroughly heated and until the pastry is golden brown—about 25 minutes. Let cool briefly, then serve.