Fried Pickles with Chipotle Gourmaise
Bring a restaurant favorite to the comfort of your home. Crispy, salty, and utterly addicting, these fried pickles are served with our spicy Bold Chipotle Gourmaise for an extra kick.
- Combine the flour and cajun seasoning in a small bowl, then set aside.
- Whisk the egg and water in a bowl, then set aside.
- In a third bowl, mix the cornmeal, bread crumbs, and panko.
- In a four quart pot, add 6 cups (or less for smaller pots) of canola oil. Place on the stove and bring the pot to 375°F, then reduce the heat slightly, to maintain but not overheat.
- Toss each pickle in flour until fully and evenly coated, shaking off any excess. Then, dip each pickle in the egg wash mixture, coating evenly and letting excess drip off. Lastly, place each spear in the bread crumb mixture, applying slight pressure to ensure that each side is evenly coated. Shake off excess crumbs.
- Place the breaded pickles into the oil-filled pot one at a time, only placing up to 6 pickles in the pot at a time. Fry each pickle for about 4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Line a plate with paper towels, then use a slotted spoon to remove each pickle and place on the plate. Sprinkle pickles with salt, then let cool briefly, then serve with the Bold Fiery Chipotle Gourmaise for dipping.